Abstracts for Clinical Evidence (ACE) Scientific Poster Presentation at Parker Seminars: Las Vegas 2024
2024 Call for Submissions:
Parker Seminars and Parker University’s Research Center are pleased to host the 3rd Abstracts for Clinical Evidence (ACE) program at Parker Seminars: Las Vegas, February 22-24, 2024. ACE promotes knowledge translation by sharing evidence in a novel, scientific manner and in an environment that supports research engagement.
This program is prepared by an international team of clinicians and scientists that showcases research using the latest digital poster technology, iPoster: an online multimedia, virtual poster platform that allows for high-quality, rigorous research to be displayed interactively.
Please carefully read through the following information and ‘Submission Steps’ to submit your research.
Accepted topics include:
- **Human Performance** – ACE 2024 Theme
Accepted research include:
- First-time, original research
- Encore presentation (presented at another scientific conference)
- Prior publication (within the last 3 years)
Presentation types include:
- Case Studies / Case Series
- Literature / Systematic / Scoping Reviews
- Original Research (clinical trial, epidemiology / health services research)
Awards will be presented to the best presentation in the following categories:
- Full-Time Clinicians
- Clinician Scientists
- Early Career Scientists (within 5 years of terminal academic programs)
- Independent Scientists
(Check out past winning presentations at the bottom of this page).
New for ACE 2024!
ACE 2024 Theme: Human Performance
- This year we will be highlighting work done in the area of Human Performance. This will include peer-reviewers and ACE 2024 booth attendees who are expertise in this area.
LIMITED submissions – We are only accepting 50 iPosters – this is first come, first serve.
- Don’t delay your submissions – the Interest Form will be closed when we have met the quota.
Abstract publication opportunities into the Journal of contemporary Chiropractic (JCC)
- Only available to first-time, primary research. Encore presentation or prior publication are not eligible.
- Abstracts will be required AFTER an Interest Form has been accepted.
- For approved submissions, abstracts will be due on December 01, 2023.
- Abstract publication in the Journal of Contemporary Chiropractic (JCC) by the by the start of Parker Seminars – Vegas 2024.
- Written abstracts are not a requirement to participate in ACE 2024.
ACE 2024 Submission Steps
- Submit Interest Form
Please fill out the above ‘Interest Form’ regarding your clinically relevant research. No full written abstract is required. The purpose of this form is to screen submissions for clinical relevance, ethical standards, and gather presenter details so that iPoster template can be sent to the presenter for development.
Submission and acceptance of ‘Interest Form’ DOES NOT guarantee admittance into the ACE 2024 Program, this is based off the iPoster submission.
Note: Submissions are limited and will be assessed on a first come, first served basis. Fill out ‘Initial Interest Form’ as soon as possible.
- Develop and Submit iPoster
Upon submission of Interest Form, you will be provided with a link to develop your iPoster presentation. Create and submit your digital poster for peer review and program acceptance (instruction will be provided in personalized link directly from iPoster).
Peer-review teams will rigorously review iPosters and presenters will be notified if their presentation was accepted, provisionally accepted, or declined for presentation.
The deadline to finalize and submit (or re-submit) digital iPoster presentations for peer review is January 5, 2023 @ 11:59pm CST.
- Modify and Re-submit iPoster, as requested
iPosters that are provisionally accepted will be asked to complete modifications for consideration of ACE program acceptance. Mentorship opportunities are available with these modifications.
- Present at Parker Seminars: Las Vegas, February 22-24, 2024
Join us at Parker Seminars: Las Vegas to share your work with your colleagues! Opportunities to discuss research and network. You won’t want to miss out!
Past ACE Winning Presentations
(click on poster title to see published poster)
- 2022: Katie de Luca, BAppSci (Ex&SpSci), MChiro, PhD
- 2023: Krista Ward, DC, MPH
Early Career Scientist:
- 2022: Craig Moore, BAppSci, MClinT(R), PhD
- 2023: Carlos Gevers-Monotoro, DC, PhD(c)
- 2022: Stacie Salsbury, RN, DC
- 2023: Michael Schneider, DC, PhD
- 2022: Alex Schielke, DC
- 2023: Donald DeFabio, DC
- 2022: Carol Ann Weis, MSc, DC
- 2023: Morgan Price, DC
- 2022: Beth Carleo, DC, CACCP
- 2023: Robert Blake Graham, DC, MS
- 2023: Brittany Pase
- 2022: Amanda Stevens, DC, MSc
- 2023: Not applicable
ACE Planning Committee
- Katie Pohlman, DC, MS, PhD (Chair) – Director of Research, Parker University
- Martha Funabashi, MSc, PhD (Independent Scientist rep) – Clinical Research Scientist, CMCC
- Chris Malaya, DC, PhD – Clinician Scientist, Parker University
- Charles Penza, DC, PhD (VA Clinician Scientist Rep) – Clinician Scientist, Orlando VAMC
- Dean Smith, DC, PhD, (Clinician Scientist Rep) – Clinical Professor, Miami University
- Michael Swain, PhD, MPhil, MChiroprac, FRCC (Hon) (International, Independent Scientist Rep) – Senior Lecturer in Chiropractic, Macquarie University
- Kenneth Weber, DC, PhD (Early Career Rep) – Instructor, Stanford University
- Shannon Schueren, DC, MS (ACE Project Coordinator) – Clinician Scientist, Private Practice – Seattle, WA
- Austin Parker, DC student (Student Rep) – Parker University