Parker Seminars and Parker Research Center were pleased to host the Inaugural Abstracts for Clinical Evidence (ACE) program at Parker Seminars Las Vegas in February 2022. This new venue provided a knowledge translation opportunity directly to clinicians. It was prepared by an international team of clinicians and scientists using the latest poster technology, iPosters, an online interactive, multimedia, virtual poster platform.
Interest forms considered previously published literature, encore abstracts, and new unpublished research in the areas of original research (clinical trials, epidemiology/health service research), literature/systematic/scoping reviews, and case studies/case series. iPosters included a clinical pearl and opportunities for clinicians to enhance research literacy by exposure to high-quality, rigorous research presentations.
Parker Seminars is excited to honor and recognize the winners from the recent inaugural event! The winners include the following:
- Early Career Scientist – Craig Moore: “The COVID-19 Pandemic, Evidence-Based Public Health and Chiropractic Practice: A Survey on Impact and Response Across Four Continents.”
- Independent Scientist – Stacie Salsbury: “Doing Our Best for Patient Safety. A Qualitative Study with Spinal Manipulative Therapy Providers in Community-Based Settings.”
- Full-time Clinician – Alec Schielke: “Telehealth Utilization During the COVID-19 Pandemic via Musculoskeletal Specialists Integration Within an Established VA Telephone Care Program: A Descriptive Report.”
- Clinician-Scientist – Carol Ann Weis: “Best Practices Recommendations for Chiropractic Care for Pregnant and Postpartum Patients: Results of a Consensus Process.”
- Teaching Faculty – Beth Carleo: “Manual Therapy for the Pediatric Population: A Systematic Review.”
- Overall – Katie de Luca: “Definition for Spinal Osteoarthritis for Use in Research and Clinical Practice: A Delphi Study.”
- People’s Choice – Amanda Stevens: “Telehealth Services for Pediatric and Adult Musculoskeletal Care in a Chiropractic Practice.”
Congratulations to all the winners of the Inaugural ACE program at Parker Seminars Las Vegas in February 2022. This state-of-the-art opportunity will be featured at other upcoming Parker Seminars events.
About Parker University
Parker University, the fourth-fastest growing college in Texas and the fastest-growing college in Dallas, was founded in 1982 by Dr. James William Parker (formerly Parker College of Chiropractic). Today, Parker University has more than 1,800 students and more than 35 academic programs, including its famed chiropractic program, as well as master’s degrees in neuroscience, clinical neuroscience, strength and human performance, and functional nutrition. Currently, Parker University’s chiropractic cohort is the second largest of any campus in the world. Parker University has been recognized as a Great College to Work For®, one of the 25 Fastest-Growing Colleges in the U.S., and is a recipient of the 2021 FutureEdge 50 Awards.