Bachelor of Science: Online
In the rapidly growing information technology field, students must be agile and prepared. Our rigorous standards and high-caliber curriculum push students beyond the expected so they can enter the marketplace with a competitive advantage. In our fully online program, students learn to provide rapid solutions to security needs, store and secure private information and assess risk management policies so they are positioned to succeed and lead upon graduation.
Parker University offers a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS) with concentrations in Cybersecurity and Healthcare Cybersecurity. To further enhance cyber defense related resources for Parker University students & staff and the community we serve, The CIS & Online Education department has established the Cyber Defense Center (CDC). The CDC is hosted in the Computer Information Systems Department of the College of Business & Technology and was founded by Roxanne Kemp, the Dean of Online Education and Dr. Themba Ngwenya, the Director for the Computer Information Systems program.APPLY TODAY
15% Information Technology growth rate through 2024
IT GROWTH RATE
18% Cybersecurity growth rate through 2024
CYBERSECURITY GROWTH RATE
120 total credit hours required
Tour the Parker University Campus
Applied Sciences and Business of Health Programs Open House
Have you always had an interest in the medical field and/or Health and Wellness? Maybe you are just getting started in your research. Now is your chance! Attend Parker University’s Open House and learn more about all of our programs offered through the College of Health Sciences and the College of Business and Technology.
- Visit with current students
- Meet faculty and staff
- Talk with financial aid and admissions
- Learn about career options
Why Choose Parker?
- Career Preparation
- CYBER DEFENSE CENTER
- A new enrollment period each month
- Fully online classes
- A total of 120 credit hours
- 45 credit hours of general education courses
- 57 credit hours of major core courses
- 18 credit hours of concentration courses
Why Parker’s Computer Information Systems program?
Parker’s Bachelor of Science with a major in Computer Information Systems is geared toward building a solid understanding of theoretical methods, principles, and tools crucial to information systems and technology issues and processes. Topics include virtual technologies, business intelligence and analytics, ethics and law, computer networking, database technologies, IT governance and strategy, online and mobile application development, and information security and assurance.
The online program provides a blend of theory and applications, preparing students for a variety of positions in scientific and business fields, and lays the foundation for graduate studies as well as employment in a wide range of industrial and technological environments. Real-world problems and opportunities with software-intensive systems are explored, and methods to evaluate, adopt, and take advantage of emerging technologies are addressed.
Parker’s Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems program helps students understand the methods, principles, and tools crucial to advance in today’s complex information technology and cybersecurity landscapes. Required courses include a broad range of subjects, such as software design, security, networking, communications, business, and mathematics. CIS concentrations include:
Cybersecurity and Cyber Defense
- Evaluate an organization’s computer network and information security needs
- Assess risk management policies to best protect an organization’s critical information and assets
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and measure the performance of an enterprise-level information security system
- Implement continuous network monitoring and provide real-time security solutions
- Formulate and communicate both short- and long-term organizational cybersecurity strategies and policies
- Develop a broad understanding of information systems and strong problem-solving and analytical skills as you build your ability to think creatively and logically
- Apply mathematical and computing concepts to support programming logic, functions, data structures, and database access
- Analyze a problem to identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- Implement the design of a computer-based system, process, component, or program
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems is to produce graduates with the technical and organizational skills that participate in the design, construction and maintenance of information systems on effective technological platforms to facilitate the effective storage, transfer, manipulation and use of data and are aligned with the needs of businesses, local and global communities.
CYBER DEFENSE CENTER
Parker University offers a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Information Systems (CIS) with concentrations in Cybersecurity and Healthcare Cybersecurity. To further enhance cyber defense related resources for Parker University students & staff and the community we serve, The CIS & Online Education department has established the Cyber Defense Center (CDC). The CDC is hosted in the Computer Information Systems Department of the College of Business & Technology and was founded by Roxanne Kemp, the Dean of Online Education and Dr. Themba Ngwenya, the Director for the Computer Information Systems program.
For more information on our Cyber Defense Center, please visit our site: https://cyberdefense.parker.edu/
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? LET’S GET STARTED.
At Parker, we hold ourselves to higher standards. Through rigorous standards, constant innovation and an impulse to serve, we elevate health care education. Together, we are in the pursuit of higher health.LEARN MORE