Associate of Applied Science: On Campus
At Parker, wellness is a way of life. Our students pursue higher health and wellness by studying the extensive impact of touch to relieve pain and stress. Our Associate of Applied Science degree in Massage Therapy prepares students with 360 hours of clinical hands-on training, and a foundation of business courses to position students toward success in their career. Parker students are ready to serve others and to integrate wellness positively and significantly in the lives of all under their care.APPLY TODAY
22% growth rate for Massage Therapists through 2024
205,200 projected employment for Massage Therapists through 2024
$47,300 median income for Massage Therapists
Tour the Parker University Campus
Applied Sciences and Business of Health Programs Open House
Have you always had an interest in the medical field and/or Health and Wellness? Maybe you are just getting started in your research. Now is your chance! Attend Parker University’s Open House and learn more about all of our programs offered through the College of Health Sciences and the College of Business and Technology.
- Visit with current students
- Meet faculty and staff
- Talk with financial aid and admissions
- Learn about career options
Why Choose Parker?
- Career Preparation
- Advanced Education
- Preparation for the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards’ Massage Board Licensing Exam
- 360 hours of clinical and hands-on training
- 24 credit hours of general education courses
- 36 credit hours of concentration courses
Parker’s AAS in Massage Therapy program prepares its graduates to:
- Identify the relationships between the structure and function of the human body.
- Incorporate advanced massage technique knowledge with clinical application across a variety of clinical settings.
- Develop business goals and objectives for a career in the health and wellness industry through internships and other development opportunities.
- Demonstrate multiple therapeutic and relaxation modalities in order to provide appropriate client care, including:
- Myofascial release
- Neuromuscular therapy
- Special population
Parker University School of Massage Therapy will enhance the development of wellness leaders through massage therapy by offering sound, ethical, well-researched, and relevant programs through high standards of education, research, and service.
Have you already earned a Certificate in Massage Therapy?
Current massage therapy professionals who already have a MT certificate only need to complete the following eight general education courses to earn Parker’s new Associate of Applied Science in Massage Therapy degree:
- Intro to Speech Communication
- Intro to Computing
- English Composition
- College Algebra
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- General Psychology
- American Literature
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? LET’S GET STARTED.
At Parker, we hold ourselves to higher standards. Through rigorous standards, constant innovation and an impulse to serve, we elevate health care education. Together, we are in the pursuit of higher health.LEARN MORE