Associate of Applied Science: On Campus
Parker graduates live to serve. With an Occupational Therapy Assistant degree, our students serve others through targeted therapy and care. Our Occupational Therapy Assistant track teaches students to customize treatment plans, provide adaptive recommendations, perform skills assessments and offer guidance to patients and other health care providers. This comprehensive, flexible degree allows students to serve and care for others, while preparing them for the multifaceted health care field.APPLY TODAY
43% career growth rate for Occupational Therapy Assistants through 2024
CAREER GROWTH RATE
47,100 projected employment through 2024 for Occupational Therapy Assistants
$59,010 median income for Occupational Therapy Assistants
Tour the Parker University Campus
Applied Sciences and Business of Health Programs Open House
Have you always had an interest in the medical field and/or Health and Wellness? Maybe you are just getting started in your research. Now is your chance! Attend Parker University’s Open House and learn more about all of our programs offered through the College of Health Sciences and the College of Business and Technology.
- Visit with current students
- Meet faculty and staff
- Talk with financial aid and admissions
- Learn about career options
Why Choose Parker?
- Career Preparation
- Accreditation & Program Outcomes
- A curriculum that allows students to master one course each month
- Preparation for relevant certification and licensure examinations
- A total of 73 credit hours
- 24 credit hours of prerequisite courses
- 49 credit hours of major core courses
- Completion of general education courses does not guarantee acceptance into the Occupational Therapy Assistant’s program. Contact the OTA program director for details.
- Customize treatment programs to improve a client’s ability to perform daily activities.
- Provide thorough home and job site evaluations with adaptation-based recommendations.
- Perform skill assessments and treatment plans based on client ages, abilities, and goals.
- Offer guidance and communication to family members, caregivers, and other health care professionals
- Adaptive equipment recommendations and usage training.
Guided by the mission and vision of Parker University, the Occupational Therapy Assistant Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S) – is a high-quality, comprehensive program; through combined instruction, clinical practice, and research, graduates are equipped with the skills necessary to transform the lives of the individuals they serve and have an overall positive influence in community wellness.
Accreditation & Program Outcomes
Our graduates are eligible to take the national certification examination for the occupational therapy assistant administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). A felony conviction may affect a graduate’s ability to sit for the NBCOT exam for professional certification and/or attain state licensure.
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) Pass Rates
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) data results are available at https://secure.nbcot.org/data/schoolstats.aspx
The total number of graduates from the Parker University Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? LET’S GET STARTED.
At Parker, we hold ourselves to higher standards. Through rigorous standards, constant innovation and an impulse to serve, we elevate health care education. Together, we are in the pursuit of higher health.LEARN MORE