Associate of Applied Science: Online
Service is essential in the health care field. Our students are passionate about providing the highest level of support to health care providers through secure use and sharing of health information. By learning to analyze, code, and protect electronic and traditional health care information vital to quality patient care, our students advance the health care process. With a degree from Parker, students are able to lead in their field and contribute significantly to the health and wellness industries.APPLY TODAY
15% Health Information Technology growth rate through 2024
217,600 projected Health Information Technology employment through 2024
$38,040 median Health Information Technology income
Tour the Parker University Campus
Applied Sciences and Business of Health Programs Open House
Have you always had an interest in the medical field and/or Health and Wellness? Maybe you are just getting started in your research. Now is your chance! Attend Parker University’s Open House and learn more about all of our programs offered through the College of Health Sciences and the College of Business and Technology.
- Visit with current students
- Meet faculty and staff
- Talk with financial aid and admissions
- Learn about career options
Why Choose Parker?
- Career Preparation
- Associate’s degree in approximately 2 years
- Convenient and accelerated learning strategies
- Classes begin monthly
Why Parker’s Health Information Technology program?
Parker University’s fully online Associate of Applied Science degree with a major in Health Information Technology has been designed to prepare students to excel in today’s growing health care industry. With courses in areas such as data analysis and management, coding, legal and regulatory standards, information technology, and revenue cycle, graduates advance their careers by learning these practices vital to providing quality patient care.
Graduates of the Health Information Technology program are expected to:
- Code, classify, and index diagnoses and procedures using ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT, and HCPCS.
- Define and apply appropriate computerized and manual record management techniques for the maintenance of a quality health information system, ensuring that health information is complete, accurate, and accessible to appropriate users.
- Collect and analyze information related to health care delivery.
- Identify and apply legal and ethical principles to health information technology, and maintain compliance with standards and regulations regarding health information.
- Utilize management techniques appropriate to health information technology.
The mission of the Health Information Technology Program at Parker University is to provide educational opportunities to develop skills and knowledge that will allow students to acquire, analyze, code, and protect electronic and traditional medical information vital to providing quality patient care. The program promotes professional development and supports the Code of Ethics of the American Health Information Management Association.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? LET’S GET STARTED.
At Parker, we hold ourselves to higher standards. Through rigorous standards, constant innovation and an impulse to serve, we elevate health care education. Together, we are in the pursuit of higher health.LEARN MORE