Associate of Applied Science: On Campus
Parker’s high-caliber sonography students find small class sizes led by dedicated professionals, who show how to master diagnostic technique and how to approach critical sonography issues. We prepare each student with a thorough education, real-world experience, and research-based teachings to ensure that our students lead their peers in this growing industry.APPLY TODAY
26% career growth rate for Diagnostic Sonography through 2024
CAREER GROWTH RATE
76,700 projected Diagnostic Sonography employment through 2024
$69,650 median Diagnostic Sonography income
Tour the Parker University Campus
Applied Sciences and Business of Health Programs Open House
Have you always had an interest in the medical field and/or Health and Wellness? Maybe you are just getting started in your research. Now is your chance! Attend Parker University’s Open House and learn more about all of our programs offered through the College of Health Sciences and the College of Business and Technology.
- Visit with current students
- Meet faculty and staff
- Talk with financial aid and admissions
- Learn about career options
Why Choose Parker?
- Career Preparation
- One start per year in September
- Program accepts 15 students
- Preparation for licensure examination
- Enrollment is limited to a small number of high-caliber students to ensure personalized attention from instructors
- Hands-on clinical experience
- A total of 75 credit hours
- 27 credit hours of prerequisite courses
- 48 credit hours of major core courses
Parker’s Diagnostic Sonography program prepares its graduates to:
- Obtain, review, and record an accurate patient history with supporting clinical data
- Perform diagnostic procedures and provide summary of findings for physicians
- Analyze and inspect images for quality and adequate coverage of areas needed for diagnoses
- Recognize differences between normal and abnormal images
Parker’s Associate of Applied Science with a Major in Diagnostic Sonography program is geared toward building an understanding of the methods, ethics, and tools crucial to advance in today’s health care landscape. Course content includes anatomy and physiology, patient care, and sonographic principles that explore the broad range of responsibilities that face today’s leading diagnostic sonographers.
Parker University’s Associate of Science degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography provides students with the academic and clinical knowledge to be prepared for employment in the ultrasound field. The program will provide a progressive curriculum which will enable them to approach their career with confidence, passion, and commitment. We are constantly striving for continuing education and inspiring our students to reach their fullest potential.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? LET’S GET STARTED.
At Parker, we hold ourselves to higher standards. Through rigorous standards, constant innovation and an impulse to serve, we elevate health care education. Together, we are in the pursuit of higher health.LEARN MORE