Department: Bookstore and Parker Share Center
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Bookstore and Parker Share Center
JOB OBJECTIVES: Responsible for providing great customer service, answering all phone calls for the department, processing transactions and maintaining the appearance of the bookstore.
Hours: Required to work flexible hours between 7:00 am – 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM : Operations Manager
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO WHOM: N/A
- High school graduate with some college preferred
- A minimum of two years of experience in high volume fast paced retail environment, i.e. drugstore, grocery store or mass merchandiser (Walmart, K-Mart, Walgreen’s, etc.)
- Must have experience in data processing, ten-key by touch; cash register operations and knowledge or receiving/stocking.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand or sit for up to eight (8) hours per day and lift twelve (12) pounds.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS/ETC.: Basic computer skills to include Windows, Microsoft Word/Excel; accurate typist, good math skills; cash register experience; above average use of English, spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills; legible handwriting; must be bondable; excellent public relation skills; good telephone skills; must maintain a professional demeanor and a positive attitude at all times; quick learner, detail-oriented, team player.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and assist customers, offer friendly and knowledgeable service.
- Communicate with customers effectively in person and on the phone; handle service problems politely and efficiently.
- Organize, monitor, stock, and maintain merchandise and inventory levels.
- Ensure that a well-organized back stock section is maintained enabling you or others to adequately fill in the sales floor.
- Insure all transactions are processed efficiently and accurately.
- Maintain bookstore organization and cleanliness.
- File all necessary paperwork; create new customer files when necessary.
- Perform open and closing duties to include running reports and daily recap sheets.
- Accurately and efficiently pull, package, and ship customer phone and online orders.
- Print student and staff badges.
- Provide mail, copy and bindery services for the university.
- Use copiers, bindery equipment, paper cutter, jogger, staplers and folding machines to prepare or finish documents. Maintain/troubleshoot copy room equipment.
- Maintain positive relationships with all sales representatives.
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by the Operations Manager.
Application Process: Please submit resumes and cover letter via e-mail to email@example.com
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.