Department: Activity Center
Employment Type: Part-time
Reports to: Director of Athletics and Recreation
DEPARTMENT: Activity Center
JOB OBJECTIVES: The role of the Activity Center Assistant is to assist the Director of Athletics and Recreation in the management of the Student Activity Center and its student staff as well as the athletic program, the intramural program and events/contests within the Activity Center.
Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday – Thursday, 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Director of Athletics and Recreation
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO WHOM: N/A
EDUCATION/EXPERTISE: Must have high school diploma or GED. Basic knowledge of activity center coordination and administration preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift 50 lbs and stand or sit for up to five (5) hours per day; dexterity and mobility; ability to perform sports related activity.
- Ability to direct a comprehensive student activities program, including social, sport and recreational programs, a game room, a weight room and other student center type activities.
- Ability to supervise student employees and support staff.
- Good organizational and public relations skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to relate to professional level students
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate student activities, sports and recreational programs to meet student interests and needs.
- Schedule student activities held in the Student Activity Center and off campus.
- Assist the Director in the supervision and maintenance of the Student Activity Center.
- Serve as on-site Supervisor for intramural competitions, both on and off campus.
- Help maintain all equipment needed for the Student Activity Center, and sport, health and recreational programs.
- Maintain an Events Calendar for all events scheduled in the Student Activity Center.
- Assist in setting up and taking down the Auditorium, Gym, Exercise room and Game room for scheduled events.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Director of Activities and Recreation.
Application Process: Please submit resumes and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.