Department: Wellness Clinic
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Clinic Operations Manager
Parker University is seeking a full-time Chiropractic Assistant to work in our Dallas clinic. The Chiropractic Assistant will provide excellent customer service and professionally serve the clinic patients and the interns.
HOURS: Chiropractic Assistants rotate working Friday and Saturday.
Monday: 8:30 – 6:30
Tuesday: 8:30 – 7:30
Wednesday: 8:30 – 6:30
Thursday: 1:30 – 7:30
Friday: 8:30 – 1:30
Saturday: 7:30 – 12:30
JOB OBJECTIVES: To professionally serve the clinic patients and the interns.
- High school diploma or GED
- A minimum of six (6) months general office experience.
- Bilingual is a plus factor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Physical dexterity and mobility: good speech and articulation: good hearing and vision. Must be able to lift 25 pounds and be able reach and place items on shelving 66” high
JOB REQUIREMENT/SKILL/ETC.: Good English grammar, spelling and punctuation skills; good verbal and written communication skills; proven outstanding job attendance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Register Arriving Patients per detailed instructions in the Clinic Office Procedure Manual
- Checking out of Departing Patients per detailed instructions in the Clinic Office Procedure Manual
- Patient File Management per detailed instructions in the Clinic Office Procedure Manual
- Check Out and Check In of PT equipment and supplies per detailed instructions in the Clinic Office Procedure Manual
- Clinic Receptionist per detailed instructions in the Clinic Office Procedure Manual
- Various Duties:
- Maintain Inventory
- New Patient Files
- Patient File Forms
- Office Supplies
- Patient file copying
- Shift deposit
- Obtain and Sort Mail
- Insurance verification
- Answering phones using appropriate scripts
- Patient Transfer Card data entry
- Launder gowns and towels
- Maintain an orderly work area
- Other assignments that may be requested, from time to time, by the Clinic Operations Manager.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding information that is learned through this department following all HIPAA guidelines.
- Understand that fraternization with students/interns is strictly prohibited.
Application Process: Please submit resumes and cover letters via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.