Adjunct Faculty/Instructor – Health Information Technology – Online
DEPARTMENT: Health Information Technology
JOB OBJECTIVES: To provide a quality learning environment that will assist students in meeting their educational goals and career aspirations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Program Director/Dean
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO WHOM: Students in assigned lectures and labs
- Credentialed as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
- Master degree, doctorate preferred from a regionally accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE).
- Minimum of three years of experience as an instructor in a CAHIIM accredited program;
- Two (2) or more years of experience in eLearning administration.
- Experience in course/curriculum development, design, outcomes assessment and evaluation in a CAHIIM required curriculum model.
- Academic advisement highly preferred
- Evidence of ability or promise as an effective teacher
- Evidence of continual professional development and the ability to do continuous scholarly or creative activity
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to conduct normal classroom / and online courses.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS/ETC: Have the ability to proofread, good language and grammatical skills; and a good knowledge of the English language. The job requires good organization skills; operational and interpretative skills of equipment used in the department. Have thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations as associated with courses taught in their respective discipline. Professional dress and demeanor is necessary along with a professional and positive attitude. Willingness to work and be supportive with other faculty within the University is required. Online faculty must possess a minimum of two years’ experience teaching online courses and must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office, familiarity with Learning Management Systems, and the ability to enter attendance and final grade data in the University’s database.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares and maintains course outlines and objectives, instructs and evaluates students and reports progress.
- Participates in the assessment process, when appropriate.
- Cooperates with the program director in periodic review and revision of course materials, and development.
- Be knowledgeable and conversant with the mission and goals of the Parker University. Be knowledgeable with the policies and procedures of the University and be willing to enforce the policies and procedures of the University. Must have the basic knowledge of the specific course materials. Should have intellectual vision.
- Be familiar with and abide by the policies and directions as set forth in the Faculty Handbook, including policies regarding time on campus, office hours, punctually, absenteeism, and personal leave.
- Keep and maintain the confidentiality of course grades.
- Determine and arrange course needs (equipment, supplies, appropriate textbooks, etc.).
- Communicate on a frequent basis with the other members of the team responsible for course delivery.
- Keep respective course files current and complete.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding faculty, staff and institutional events.
- Attend all scheduled or called faculty meetings, committee meetings, graduations or other events as assigned and as appropriate for the University.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or reports as may be required by the Program Director and/or the Vice President of Online Education.
- Follow the appropriate chain of command and communication.
- Submit final grades in a timely manner as instructed by the Program Director.
- Maintain interest, involvement with, and stay current with the scientific research in their respective instructional disciplines.
- Teach core factual information and differentiate opinion from fact so the student can make the appropriate distinction.
Administer student/faculty evaluation forms to classes as directed by the Program Director.
Application Process: Please submit resumes and cover letters via e-mail to email@example.com
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.