Certificate: On Campus
Wellness can begin with a knowledgeable touch. Our students learn to utilize therapeutic techniques to relieve pain and stress, rehabilitate injuries and jumpstart relaxation, all through skillful touch. Our required 360 hours of hands-on training, paired with foundational business courses, provide in-depth knowledge of clinical application in multidisciplinary settings and unique preparation after graduation. At Parker, our students are fit to serve and lead their community well.APPLY TODAY
22% growth rate for Massage Therapists through 2024
205,200 projected employment for Massage Therapists through 2024
$47,300 median income for Massage Therapists
Tour the Parker University Campus
Applied Sciences and Business of Health Programs Open House
Have you always had an interest in the medical field and/or Health and Wellness? Maybe you are just getting started in your research. Now is your chance! Attend Parker University’s Open House and learn more about all of our programs offered through the College of Health Sciences and the College of Business and Technology.
- Visit with current students
- Meet faculty and staff
- Talk with financial aid and admissions
- Learn about career options
Why Choose Parker?
- Learning Objectives
Parker University’s Massage Therapy School features modern equipment and a peaceful environment to learn the science, philosophy, and art of massage therapy. Students of the Parker University School of Massage Therapy not only interact with peers of the same school, but also with Parker University College of Chiropractic students. The massage program offers one of the only 600-hour massage therapy programs in Dallas, and financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
Outside the classroom, recreational facilities welcome the Parker family to have fun and be active on campus. The Standard Process Student Activity Center contains fitness equipment and a gymnasium for students, as well as classes for all fitness levels, while lounges and an extensive library provide quiet places to study, relax, and expand the mind. Parker offers its massage therapy students an education as it’s meant to be – active.
Parker University School of Massage Therapy will enhance the development of wellness leaders through massage therapy by offering sound, ethical, well-researched, and relevant programs through high standards of education, research, and service.
The learning objectives of Parker’s 600-hour massage therapy basic program are:
- Demonstrate both therapeutic and relaxation modalities of massage therapy in order to provide appropriate client care.
- Identify the relationship between the structure (particularly the musculoskeletal system) and function of the human body.
- Demonstrate proper professional and personal ethical guidelines that govern both business and clinical practice for massage therapy.
- Develop business goals and objectives that prepare students for a career in the massage therapy industry upon graduation.
- Demonstrate the ability to incorporate basic massage technique knowledge with clinical application to provide high-quality, evidence-based care.
- Articulate an understanding that the body heals itself and that the massage therapist assists in removing musculoskeletal imbalance by various massage procedures.
As a student at Parker University School of Massage Therapy, you will have access to countless resources that will aid in your professional development, preparing you for a career in massage therapy. Our program retains programmatic accreditation from the Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA) and has an exceptional pass rate on the Massage Board Licensing Exam (MBLEx).
The Commission on Massage Therapy Accreditation is located at 5335 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Suite 440, Washington, D.C. 20015 and can be reached by phone at 202.895.1518. The Parker University School of Massage Therapy program is structured to prepare students who plan to practice in Texas. Please visit https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/mas/mas.htm for more information.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? LET’S GET STARTED.
At Parker, we hold ourselves to higher standards. Through rigorous standards, constant innovation and an impulse to serve, we elevate health care education. Together, we are in the pursuit of higher health.LEARN MORE