16% growth rate for substance abuse, behavioral disorder, and mental health counseling industry over a 10-year period
888,900 relevant psychology jobs to be filled between 2016-2026
JOBS TO BE FILLED
$43,860 median substance abuse, behavioral disorder, and mental health counseling income
Tour the Parker University Campus
Applied Sciences and Business of Health Programs Open House
Have you always had an interest in the medical field and/or Health and Wellness? Maybe you are just getting started in your research. Now is your chance! Attend Parker University’s Open House and learn more about all of our programs offered through the College of Health Sciences and the College of Business and Technology.
- Visit with current students
- Meet faculty and staff
- Talk with financial aid and admissions
- Learn about career options
Why Choose Parker?
Parker’s Anatomy program consists of:
- A flexible 100% online program
- High-caliber instructors and program administrators with deep academic and professional expertise
- Convenient schedules designed to fit students’ busy lives and family/career obligations
- 42 credit hours of general education courses
- 48 credit hours of core psychology courses
- 30 credit hours of elective courses
The Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology program focuses on theories and principles of health behavior change to problems such as alcoholism, obesity, exercise promotion, and smoking cessation. The program is offered online and includes courses in a variety of fundamental areas. The program also prepares students to work in partnership with diverse communities, tribes and the public and private sectors to respond to public health problems. Upon completion of this program, students may pursue employment in substance abuse or mental health counseling or pursue a career in secondary education. The Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology is a pathway to a Parker University offered Master’s Degree Program.
The graduating student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a mastery of how different factors, such as lifestyle and social context, may influence health and illness
- Promote an understanding of behavior that leads to a healthier lifestyle
- Demonstrate and apply psychological knowledge, research methodology, and statistical skills
- Pursue future studies in advanced health care related degrees.
The mission of the Bachelor of Science with a Major in Psychology program is to provide a solid foundation for the scientific
understanding of psychological processes and to promote the ethical principles designed to prepare students for the
increasing diversity and internationalization of the workforce and academia.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? LET’S GET STARTED.
At Parker, we hold ourselves to higher standards. Through rigorous standards, constant innovation and an impulse to serve, we elevate health care education. Together, we are in the pursuit of higher health.LEARN MORE