Occupational Therapy Assistant Major Application
Application for admission to Parker University is a separate process which must be completed prior to applying to the Occupational Therapy Assistant major. Admission to Parker University does not guarantee admission to a Health Sciences program.
1: Disclosure Forms
Before filling out the application, please download and sign the following disclosure forms. You will be asked to upload the forms in the application process.
Clicking the button will redirect you to the My.Parker website. You will also need to login with your Parker ID and password to view and complete the application.
The Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program considers for admission those applicants who demonstrate exceptional academic and professional potential essential for successful completion of the program. Completion of general education courses does not guarantee admittance, the OTA program Admissions Committee reviews all completed application packets. Admission into this program is competitive, therefore all requirements must be met. Interested individuals are advised to complete their application as early as possible to ensure timely consideration.
All applicants applying for admission into the OTA Program must complete and meet the following requirements:
- At the time of submission of the application for the OTA program perspective students must have completed all 24 of the required pre-professional credit hours (general education and prerequisite coursework) with a grade of “C” or better and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale). Any exceptions to this policy are based on available space and require approval from the OTA Program Director and the Dean of the College of Health Sciences.
- Prerequisite Anatomy & Physiology courses must have been taken within five years prior to admission. (Proof of recent significant experience in the applications of these sciences may be considered in waiving this 5-year requirement provided the original prerequisites were completed.)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4.00 scale.
- Applicants must complete a minimum of 40 hours of volunteer/work experience within an Occupational Therapy practice setting to be considered for admission to the OTA program and submit a completed Parker University Volunteer/Work Experience Form with the application.
- The volunteer experience must be completed within one year (12 months) of the date in which the application is submitted.
- This experience must be documented on the Parker University Volunteer/Work Experience Form and completed by a licensed OTR or COTA.
- Completion of any health discipline (ex RT, RN, LPN/LVN, PA, DC, MD) which requires licensure must submit proof of good standing.
- Read and sign all program acknowledgment and disclosure forms found on www.Parker.edu
- An acceptable Level-3 criminal background screening will be required for all students participating in the program. Students with felony charges and/or convictions may not be eligible for admission into this Allied Health Program.
The Occupational Therapy Assistant program online application and all required documentation must be submitted by the designated due date. Due dates are two months before the following semester cohort begins. Incomplete applications and/or requirements, in addition to applications received after the application due date will NOT be accepted. Please contact the OTA Program Director for more details.
|Application Due Date||Professional Phase Semester|
|March 1||Summer – May|
|July1||Fall – September|