Clinic Community Outreach Coordinator
JOB OBJECTIVE: To coordinate and manage all marketing activities designed to raise awareness and recruit patients for the Parker Chiropractic Wellness Centers. This will include but not limited to facilitating successful practice marketing techniques, and providing training support to clinic interns on how to deliver health talks and successful spinal screenings. Qualifying marketing events may be third party coordinated efforts such as community health fairs or fun runs, or they may be unique events established through partnerships facilitated by this person on Parker’s behalf. In addition, to educate interns on successful practice marketing techniques so they may one day apply those same techniques to their own practices.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Director of Wellness Clinics
SUPERVISION GIVEN: To Tri 8, 9 and 10 DC interns working in one of the three clinical environments
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Doctor of Chiropractic degree and active license is not required, but would be considered a plus. Experience successfully managing a health care practice marketing campaign, utilizing proven marketing techniques shown to drive patient traffic, and fluency in speaking Spanish would also be considered a plus. Strong customer service skills, computer knowledge required and 5 years’ experience in promotions and sales, type 50 wpm.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand or sit for up to eight (8) hours per day and lift twenty (20) pounds; must be dexterous and ambulatory.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Must be confident, with a strong ability to engage prospects in public settings. Must have strong communications skills in order to deliver proper training to the Parker Wellness interns. Must be able to inspire prospects, not familiar with chiropractic, to make an appointment at a Parker Wellness Center. Must be energetic and enthusiastic. Must be highly accountable and self-motivated. Ability to maintain confidentiality; thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures; ability to listen and retain information; assign and supervise work as needed; Must maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times; Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to build rapport with corporate, community leaders and all levels of internal and external customers; High level of organization and prioritization skills; computer knowledge; knowledge of Spinal Nerve Function Testing, Thermography, and Posture Analysis would be considered a plus. Flexibility in learning new equipment, software and processes; and work with a sense of urgency in meeting deadlines; Project management experience; ability to follow a time line. Maintain a high level of accuracy in all work details. Highly accountable and able to follow up without direction from direct supervisor. Must be capable of interacting with prospective patients in public settings and engaging them to become patients of any of the three Wellness Centers. Must be able to demonstrate and teach these skills to DC interns in the same process. Ability to work evenings and weekends is a must. Must “have the skill set of a salesperson, but the heart of a servant” to be successful in this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing and providing training to Parker clinic interns on delivering community outreach events such as health talks and spinal screenings.
- Build annual marketing plan consisting of internal and external activities based on assessed needs and opportunity.
- Recruit and coordinate speaker schedules for intern training events.
- Identify, plan, and implement external marketing events for the Clinics including but not limited to health talks, spinal screenings, Chamber mixers & luncheons, fun run events, health fairs, carnivals, and all other events where interns can engage the public to educate and encourage a visit to the clinic for treatment.
- Schedule, coordinate, and track all external marketing events for the Clinics.
- Identify partnership opportunities with local community leaders (corporate) with the expressed purpose of educating about wellness and creating patient recruiting environments. Facilitate discussions between community leaders to brainstorm event ideas that benefit all participating parties.
- Organize, update and maintain follow up and evaluation information from all external events. Utilize this feedback to make decisions about future participation in same or similar events.
- Organize, update and relay all pertinent information about external events to the Clinic Directors, Staff Doctors, and interns.
- Communicate and enforce deadlines and guidelines to Interns and other assisting doctors. Must follow-up and follow through.
- Identify attributes and areas where there is an opportunity to improve corporate and community relationships.
- Share upcoming event information with the Clinic Administration so a calendar can be posted in a convenient location(s) where interns and doctors can learn about and volunteer for specific events in addition to an online calendar that communicates upcoming opportunities for student interns.
- Educate interns on proper professional appearance, behavior and attitudes conducive to successful corporate and community relations.
- Create rules, communication, and promotional flyers for community events.
- Maintain inventory of marketing equipment and assets.
- Distribute and collect marketing equipment and assets utilized in community events.
- Order and manage the design process of POS, print, and electronic advertising materials.
- Coordinate efforts with other Parker offices as necessary in relation to event and material production.
- Manage relationships with external event coordinators and vendors.
- Evaluate and process faculty and intern-driven community event ideas.
- Process POs for marketing events.
- Responsibilities may include evening and weekend hours.
To apply, please send resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.