Financial Aid Advisor
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
JOB OBJECTIVES: The Financial Aid Advisor’s role is to assist students entering into the programs offered by Parker University in receiving and completing financial aid information before and during the period of enrollment. These programs include the Doctor of Chiropractic College, School of Massage Therapy and the Associate, Bachelor and MBA programs.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 5:00
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Director of Financial Aid
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO WHOM: N/A
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of three years business experience required with previous experience in a Financial Aid and/or Educational Environment, preferred.
- Previous experience with PowerFaids Financial Aid software and working knowledge of Jenzabar, preferred.
- Knowledge of Title IV regulations and experience with EDE (Electronic Data Exchange), preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand or sit for up to eight (8) hours per day and lift twelve (12) pounds.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS/ETC.: Type 60 wpm; excellent reading, writing and math skills; a working knowledge of MS Office with intermediate abilities in Excel and Word. Must be able to work efficiently, be detail oriented and organized, and with minimum supervision. Ability to Multi-task.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide financial aid counseling and guidance to student applicants and families for all incoming students during orientations and weekly tours.
- Participate and present in all Open House events and orientations for prospective students.
- Create and coordinate student information sheets
- Monitor progress of incoming/continuing students in Jenzabar database, and run reports on weekly basis for supervisor showing status of each student.
- Troubleshoot/resolve conflicts for students attempting to complete financial aid applications and forms.
- Review student application information and determine financial aid eligibility.
- Perform all packaging awarding, and disbursing notifications for all incoming students.
- Assist in covering the front desk area when needed
- Posting data: documents, disbursements, etc.
- Assist with default management as needed.
- Gain knowledge regarding financial aid programs and associated legislation.
- Participate in training sessions, both in office and online.
- Assist students in withdrawal procedures in absence of Director.
- Monitor and update MyParker and the financial aid website weekly.
- Maintain good community relations with other departments, students and public.
- Participate fully in growth of department by meeting personal and departmental goals.
- Act as the back-up VA rep for students.
- Assist with awarding additional funds, including increasing budgets for additional expenses.
- Assist with importing and exporting loans, if needed.
- Import and post ISIR’s.
- Adhere to Departmental dress codes. Department regulations for appearance and dress take precedence over campus-wide dress codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please send resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.