TITLE: RESEARCH ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning
JOB OBJECTIVES: This position provides professional support for a range of activities including data analysis of existing data sets, reporting, administering surveys, assist in facilitating department/program assessment reporting, and coordinating with other University offices, as data and research dictate. The Research Analyst represents the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning by collaborating across the University, including service on committees, as needed.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO WHOM: N/A
- Coursework in educational research, measurement, higher education administration, statistics, data analysis, social or natural sciences, or a related research field is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred or certification, as a data analyst, acceptable, with appropriate educational experience.
- At least four years of experience is required in the use of research methods, statistical techniques, databases and related software.
- Possess experience in writing reports with quantitative and qualitative data and analysis.
- At least four years of experience is required in the function of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning and/or in academic research preferably in a higher education setting.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand or sit for up to eight (8) hours per day and lift twelve (12) pounds
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills with proficiency using the English language.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to practical assignments, effectively manage multiple, simultaneous projects with attention to detail and documentation.
- Proficiency in database management, microcomputer applications, statistical programs, and web applications and development tools. As part of this proficiency, the individual must be willing to maintain state of the art technical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Ability to maintain and observe strict and total confidentiality of records, files, and data statistics.
- Extensive knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and protocols, statistical analysis, and technical writing.
- Willingness to work as a team member, assisting others with deadlines, during heavy traffic periods and to maintain a professional work ethic.
- Coordinate the administration of various surveys and examinations, as part of the university assessment and research initiative, using software programs to generate surveys and reports.
- Extract data from systems databases and provide internal reports, as needed.
- Input and import data into appropriate statistical programs for analysis.
- Assist in systematically gathering, analyzing, managing, and interpreting assessment data.
- Provide expertise and support for implementation of research projects containing a high level of data analysis.
- Generate and create routine and complex reports using appropriate software utilities; review, analyze, and edit reports; resolve issues as required.
- Research current issues and trends in higher education.
- Design, collection, analysis, and reporting of research. Reporting includes, but not limited to the use of graphical, tabular, and statistical components; conduct literature reviews, as needed.
- Adherence to federal and university policies regarding access to, use of, and release of confidential information and data security; prepare and maintain accurate and complete records, files, documentation, or audit of work performed so that they are easily accessible.
- Provide system expertise and support for complex and other data driven research studies; perform independent research using quantitative and qualitative data and appropriate in-depth analysis.
- Work with institutional constituencies that originate data to ensure that institutional data is accessible, accurate, reliable, meaningful, and meets the requirements and needs of the university.
To apply, please send resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.