Administrative Assistant – Admissions
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Director of Admissions
JOB OBJECTIVES: To greet and assist all visitors and prospective students who come into contact with the Admission’s Department. To provide a positive, professional first impression for these guests, and to convey a sense of customer service to staff and visitor alike.
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Associates degree preferred
- General office experience including multi-line phones
- Proficient with MS Office 2010, Intermediate skills in Excel
- Experience with Jenzabar and/or Velosify, preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand or sit up to eight (8) hours per day and lift twelve (12) pounds.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Excellent attendance and punctuality; pleasant and positive telephone technique; patience with repetitive questions; constant friendly, helpful attitude
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Staff the Admissions department front desk.
- Provide support to External Affairs processes.
- Provide support to Financial Aid functions, as assigned.
- Ability to work efficiently and be detail oriented and organized, with minimum supervision.
- Ability to answer incoming phone calls and forward them to the appropriate person, take complete and accurate phone messages.
- Record pertinent information as it pertains to the admissions process, accurately entering data into the Admissions database.
- Convey general information to applicants and prospective students.
- Knowledge of internal mail processing. Prepare informational packets for mailing.
- Update name, address, and telephone changes in the computer data files accurately. Enter daily inquiry card information into the lead tracking system.
- Enter all applicants into the Admissions database according to required guidelines. Assist with keeping database clear from duplicate entries.
- Schedule tour requests from prospective students and arrange hotel reservations. Confirm that the tour guide’s arrive at specified time.
- Send mass communication emails or letters to prospective students as deemed necessary.
- Process admissions related documents utilizing the data base on a daily or weekly basis.
- Assist the Director of Admissions in any projects, tasks, or duties deemed necessary. Provide assistance to the Administrative Assistant to the Director as deemed necessary.
- Complete all assigned daily duties on a daily basis, and all others in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Departmental dress codes. Department regulations for appearance and dress take precedence over campus-wide dress codes.
Application Process: Please submit resumes and cover letters via e-mail to email@example.com
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.