Veronica is currently enrolled in the fully online Masters of Science in Functional Nutrition.
1. What other paths did you consider before choosing Parker?
I have worked at a public school for 21 years and have been a high school assistant principal for 11.
2. What makes Parker the right fit for you?
The online platform is wonderful and perfect with my full-time job & life.
3. How has the Parker community supported you in your higher education pursuits?
I have not been in school in a decade. It was a bit difficult for me to initially get the hang of how to do everything again. Everyone I contacted for help was and has been super helpful and patient with me.
4. What is your favorite thing about being a Parker student?
I am finally able to study what I am truly passionate about. The curriculum is challenging and interesting. The instructors are so helpful.
5. What is the most challenging aspect of being a Parker student?
I thought it would be super difficult to be a returning student after being out of school for over a decade, and being in the same program with my daughter, who is also in the chiropractic program. Aside from it taking me way longer to get anything done, the staff and instructors answer my questions so quickly.
6. What has been your favorite class at Parker? Why?
I have enjoyed the entire nutrition program. It was something I wanted to study when I started college after high school. I wasn’t able to then. Getting near the end of my first career, it was now an option.
7. Where will your Parker degree take you after graduation?
After I retire from public education, I may help my daughter in her chiropractic practice with nutritional counseling.
8. What is your favorite on-campus activity?
N/A - Online Student
9. What is your favorite thing to do off-campus in the Dallas area?
N/A - Online Student
10. What is the one thing you want everyone reading this to know about Parker University?
If you are truly serious about your education, Parker definitely provides you with the educational tools needed for success.