Title: Nutritional Science Student
1. What other paths did you consider before choosing Parker?
I didn't consider any other paths because I originally came to Parker with plans to pursue my DC. However, my passion for nutrition was reignited, and I chose the Nutritional Science path instead.
2. What makes Parker the right fit for you?
Parker is the right fit for me for many reasons. I enrolled as an online student (before COVID). The classes' flexibility has allowed me to stay on top of my school work and my busy life. I am not a traditionally aged student, and that has never been a problem while at Parker. Their programs fit anyone at any age.
3. How has the Parker community supported you in your higher education pursuits?
I have been blessed with some outstanding professors and a very patient advisor. Every professor I have encountered has had my best interest at heart. They have encouraged me, told it to me straight, and helped me grow as a person while working toward my goals.
4. What is your favorite thing about being a Parker student?
I LOVE the scheduling and the layout of classes.
5. What is the most challenging aspect of being a Parker student?
Seeing the cool makeovers to the campus and not being able to go utilize them!
6. What has been your favorite class at Parker? Why?
I can't choose a favorite class because a class is so much more than just the curriculum. A class is the professor; it's my fellow students; it's the opportunity to think critically and be challenged. Each class has presented me with its own unique culture, and I can't really pick a favorite. I have been more excited about some than others, but that was rooted in my bias, not in the quality of the class or instruction.
7. Where will your Parker degree take you after graduation?
I hope that my Parker degree will take me into pursuing higher education in my field. The sky is the limit, and I feel Parker has laid an excellent foundation for my future pursuits.
8. What is your favorite on-campus activity?
N/A – Online student
9. What is your favorite thing to do off-campus in the Dallas area?
N/A – Online student
10. What is the one thing you want everyone reading this to know about Parker University?
If you care about your time, want professors on your side, and want to be a part of a school whose leadership is ready to serve you, then I would say Parker is the place for you. Countless times I have received one of the President's email updates. Each time I read them, I am struck by his genuine care for the students and the wisdom he imparts. If I can see the heart behind the school from afar, there is no doubt that the Parker heart runs deep.