Return to job postings >>
Department: Institutional Advancement
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Vice President of Instiutional Advancement
Job Objectives: The Administrative Assistant provides administrative, budget and event coordination support to the offices of Institutional Advancement and Strategic Marketing and Communications.
Parker University is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant.
Assist in management of budgets to ensure cost effectiveness. – 35%
- Prepares and files financial reports for the Vice President of Advancement.
- Monitors purchases, recharges, and transfers of expense. Initiates and performs follow-up with central administrative offices on a range of issues, including requisitions, student payroll, credit card purchases, purchase authorizations and other forms; maintains a working knowledge of changing policies and procedures; follows up as necessary to ensure timely completion of forms and payments.
- Books flights, hotels, cars and other travel related needs for the Vice President of Advancement and other members of Advancement/Marketing teams as needed.
Provide general office management – 35%
- Establishes schedule and training for student interns in the Office of Advancement who serve as front desk receptionists and have specific assigned roles in the office.
- Develops and maintains administrative procedures; recommends, develops, and implements changes as appropriate.
- Serves as front desk receptionist.
- Delegates office-wide tasks to student interns, including, but not limited, to front desk reception, large mailing preparation, filing, event set up, etc.
- Completes data entry assignments as assigned.
- Coordinates personnel workstations, including, but not limited, to offices, desks, phones and cubicles. When office relocations are needed or new team members are hired, incumbent works with office personnel and with campus facility services to expedite moves of furniture, telephones and computer equipment.
- Assists with Human Resources protocols, including, but not limited, to setting up interviews, communicating with applicants and requesting establishment/removal of security access, credit cards, keys, email, phone, etc.
- Schedules meetings and manages the calendar of the Vice President of Advancement.
Assist with the management of marketing communication job processing system, including but not limited to input of jobs, status updates, communication to clients and communication with vendors. – 20%
Assist with logistics for major events for Advancement that have a primary objective of fundraising or stewardship – 10%
- Assists with event coordination for high-level events, including, but not limited, to invitation correspondence, site logistics, vendor negotiation, menu creation, taking RSVPs, production of nametags, preparation of RSVP lists, etc.
- Associates Degree, required, BA/BS preferred
- 3 years of experience in office management
- Proficiency with PC computers and standard applications (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) essential.
- Knowledge of Jenzabar, work flow and/or CRM software a plus.
- Experience in non-profit or higher education organizations a plus.
Job Requirement Skills:
- Superior written, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Superior attention to detail and customer service.
- Proactive, ambitious approach to work.
Application Process: Please submit resumes and cover letters via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.