Director of Financial Aid
Manage the collection of financial aid documents from perspective and continuing students. Administer the distribution of funds to qualified students in compliance with all federal and state regulations as well as institutional policies. Director leads planning and implementation of all aspects of financial aid in meeting institutional enrollment goals, establishing financial aid policy, and representing the institution to multiple constituencies. As an integral member of the Enrollment Management Team, the Director works with a talented staff to accomplish this broad portfolio of responsibilities that is critically important to the University’s strategic plan.
- Manage daily operations of the Parker University Financial Aid Office.
- Insure federal, state, and institutional compliance.
- Monitor and reconcile campus based and institutional financial aid budgets in a timely manner. Supervise, manage, hire and terminate the Financial Aid staff. Conduct staff meetings and employee evaluations and maintain personnel records as they relate to the Financial Aid staff.
- Maintain existing programs and develop new Financial Aid procedures as they relate to the goals of the university.
- Compile and file the annual FISAP report, Federal Pell payments, State FADB report, Perkins report, SSCR report, balance refunds, process return of Title IV Funds.
- Assist in planning for new student orientation and registration and attend these functions.
- Chair the scholarship committees.
- Development and review of campus financial aid policies and procedures.
- Developing and implementing operational and strategic plans consistent with programs, mandates and mission of the university and Enrollment and Advancement Division.
- Active involvement in assisting in the recruitment and retention of students.
- Update, analyze develop and implement delivery systems for the TITLE IV programs.
- Seek the best loan programs and resources for our students.
- Update the following: school catalog, Financial Aid HandBook and complete and file university re-certification programs.
- Perform mini audits to ensure procedure and policy standards are met.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Assist with the community service project if needed.
- Administer PCC Lender reporting on monthly, quarterly and at point of sale.
- Supervise the probation, suspension and withdrawal process as it relates to institutional and federal policy.
- Review website and MyParker for updates and accuracy.
- Attend NASFAA, TASFAA, and other conferences as necessary for training and most recent updates.
- Responsible for software training and implementation (ex. PowerFaids, Jenzabar).
- Retention policy on files, etc.
- Perform any and all duties as assigned by supervisor.
A minimum of a BS/BA in an appropriate field with 4 years of experience in an academic institution. Master’s degree preferred.
Human relation skills and experience; demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communications; experience with computerized information system as well as extensive knowledge of financial aid regulations.
Application Process: Please submit resumes and cover letters via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.