30 Years of Excellence | Print this

Parker University

Recent Updates

New E-Mail Addresses as Primary E-Mail (@parker.edu)
The new e-mail addresses are setup and working! Your @parkercc.edu e-mail address will remain your primary e-mail until Monday, August 1, 2011. After this date, you may begin sharing the @parker.edu address. Incoming e-mails sent to @parkercc.edu will still work until November 1, 2011, and beginning Monday, August 1, 2011, the sender will receive an automated reply asking them to use the new e-mail address in the future.

What do you need to do?
E-Mails sent to @parkercc.edu will not reach you after November 1, 2011, so please update your contact list and any subscriptions (i.e. horoscopes, health tips, grammar tips, etc.).

E-Mail Newsletters and Blogs:

  • First, unsubscribe your old e-mail address (@parkercc.edu) by selecting opt-out or unsubscribe from the bottom of current e-mails you receive.   
  • Then, you can immediately re-subscribe in the same manner using your new e-mail address (@parker.edu)
  • You will often be prompted for a confirmation of this new subscription via e-mail to your new address.

RSS Feeds and Listservs

  • First, unsubscribe your old e-mail address (@parkercc.edu) by going to the website that hosts the RSS Feed or Listserv and unsubscribing.       
  • Then, you can immediately re-subscribe in the same manner using your new e-mail address (@parker.edu)
  • You will often be prompted for a confirmation of this new subscription via e-mail to your new address.

If you have questions or concerns, please contact the IS Helpdesk at 972.438.6932 ext. 7450 or helpdesk@parker.edu .

Big News… www.parker.edu is now live!
Beginning today, you can find Parker University at www.parker.edu . This transition is more than just a change in URL. In addition to the URL change, approximately 90% of the copy on the web has been updated along with links, alt tags, titles, SEO, 508 compliance, browser titles, metadata, summaries, keywords, and aliases. Over the next few months, the remaining 10% of web copy, images with logos or Parker College references, PDFs, videos, and Flash pieces, newsletters, and e-mails will be updated. Given that a majority of the information has now been changed, the decision was made to go live with the new site and transition the last 10% over the next few weeks.

In addition to the changes mentioned above, you will notice a new look and different navigation on the home page. Work has been completed to make the navigation easier to use and less confusing. Now prospective students, other universities, patients, seminar attendees, and other visitors can quickly and easily find the information they need.

Next week, we begin redirecting Parker’s previous web address (www.parkercc.edu ) to our new site. Once in place, these redirects found on the old site will send users to the new site so everyone can begin the transition. Please update your bookmarks, favorites, documents, signatures, etc. with the new link removing cc. From this point forward, always reference Parker’s website under the new URL ( www.parker.edu ) and work to update any literature or other references to the old site.  

Official Name References for Parker University
For the consistency of the Parker brand, and to support our efforts to raise awareness of the institution here in the D/FW area, it is important to always reference the Parker name in the correct manner. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when referring to the new name:

  • Never refer to the institution as “P.U.”
  • The formal name of the DC program is “Parker University College of Chiropractic”
  • The formal name of the MT program is “Parker University School of Massage Therapy”
  • When referring to either, please refer to the formal name in the first reference
  • Every reference thereafter can be the same formal name or can simply be “Parker”
  • When referring to multiple programs, such as DC and MT in the same reference, simply use “Parker University”
  • “Parker U” may be used as “slang” or in marketing “play on words” references