Massage Continuing Education
Massage for Oncology Patients
Massage for Oncology Patients Massage Therapy CE Program Information
Old myths are being replaced with new views concerning massage in association with oncology patients. Some cancer centers are adding massage therapy to aid their patients in coping with not only the disease, but with the treatment procedures as well. The soothing healing touch of massage therapy can assist the oncology patient mentally, emotionally, and physically. This course covers:
- Being part of a multi-interdisciplinary team
- Understanding the stages of cancer
- Blood counts
Following the lecture, a two-hour hands-on demonstration covers:
- Working on each other with basic lymphatic strokes
- Circulatory strokes
- Positions to work with patients
Kathy Gilkey, LMT is a licensed medical massage therapist and currently teaches Swedish Technique at Parker University School of Massage Therapy and is the instructor for the Prenatal Massage Therapy CE course. She maintains a private clinic, Crann Bethadh Massage Therapy, in Rockwall, TX.
No current dates set for this program
Six hours of continuing education credits per class are available for Texas-licensed massage therapists.
Tuition per CE Class
- Prepaid more than one week in advance $120
- Prepaid less than one week in advance $170
- Paid on site $205
Massage Therapy CE Discounts
- 15% discount for Parker University School of Massage Therapy graduates.
Parker University School of Massage Therapy
2560 Electronic Lane
Dallas, TX 75220