Parker Seminars Vegas: January 9-11, 2014
- What are the dates?
January 9-11, 2014
- Where is the Parker Seminars Las Vegas 2014 located?
Rio Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- What type of attire should we wear?
Business casual (bring jackets, meeting rooms often run cold)
- How close is the hotel to the airport?
The airport is approximately 20-30 minutes from the Rio Las Vegas Hotel & Casino. For additional information, please visit the travel page.
- Which airport should I fly into?
McCarran International Airport (LAS) is close to the Rio Las Vegas Hotel & Casino where the seminar is held. For travel assistance, you may contact Far Away Places Travel at 877.764.5940.
Children at Parker Seminars
Parker loves children and welcomes children to attend sessions. If you bring your children into the classroom and they are disruptive and/or distracting, room monitors will ask you to leave the classroom. Many classrooms are taped and the recording picks up the noise of the children. We appreciate your cooperation and would be happy to direct you to the hotel concierge for childcare needs if you wish.
- Who is the keynote speaker? Please see the online schedule.
- When does "…" speak? Please see the online schedule .
- Start/end times for the classes? Please see the online schedule .
- I don't have Internet access; can you fax/mail me a schedule?
Please call 888.727.5338 Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm CST and your request will be processed immediately. Please note there will be a $25 processing fee for all registrations mailed, faxed or phoned in.
- What is the deadline for early-bird prices?
The early-bird deadline is December 16, 2013. After December 16, 2013, fees will increase.
- My associate is a recent graduate and not yet licensed, can we pay the student rate?
Student pricing is only for those enrolled in a chiropractic school at the time of the seminar or if you graduated from Parker University College of Chiropractic in the last year. Doctor fees apply once the attendee has graduated.
- Why is there an additional fee for CE credits?
Arrangements are made through Parker University's Continuing Education Department to have some of the classes approved by state boards so that doctors may gain continuing education credits. The additional fee is to offset the costs involved in making the applications, processing the scan details, mailing the completed attendance vouchers, reporting the accrued hours to the appropriate licensing board(s), and maintaining these records for 5-7 years.
- I'm waiting to register until my state has approved CE hours, why can't I still pay the early rate?
Unfortunately the state boards do not always give their approval prior to a seminar. It is best to register prior to the early bird deadline for the seminar and add CE to the registration at a later date.
- Does it cost to bring children and are there classes for them?
Children under the age of 17 may attend the seminar at no charge. Please note that all children under the age of 17 must be registered and required to wear a seminar badge at all times.
- My spouse doesn't want to attend class, just wants to walk around the expo with me, is there a charge?
You can purchase a one-day expo pass on site at the walk-in station for $50. This allows the holder access to the expo area only. To attend any class or social function, you must be registered for the seminar.
- I can only attend part of the seminar, is there a reduced fee?
We do not offer partial or pro-rated fees.
- Are there discounts available?
Yes, there are discounts available to those who qualify.
- We are bringing several staff members, is there a discount for multiple registrations? Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more from the same office that register at the same time. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- All Parker University Graduates: Parker Seminars offers all graduates and their staff a 10% discount to any North American seminars – Bring your entire team and save $$$
- Parker University Recent Graduate: As a recent graduate, you receive complimentary registration to any Parker Seminar (North American seminars only) for three years after graduation. To register for a seminar, call Parker Seminar customer service at 888.727.5338 and identify yourself as a "recent graduate".
- Prospective Students: Please contact our Parker University Admissions Office at 972.438.6932 to find out if you are eligible to attend the Seminar. Once you have been approved, you may pick-up your badge at the Parker University counter next to the Advanced Registration counters. Badges and badge holders are required for entrance into the seminar, expo and lunch. If you are planning to attend, please RSVP by filling out the form.
Receiving Your Badge
- How will I receive my badge once I register?
Badges and seminar materials can be picked up at the registration counters onsite. A photo ID is required to pick up badges on site. DC students need to provide a valid student ID in order to receive a badge. If you do not have an ID, you will be charged the difference of the full on-site fee to enter. Lost, forgotten, or misplaced badges incur a $50 replacement fee. There is no access to the classrooms, the expo, or events without a name badge.
- Badges are required for every person no matter your status (this includes staff, guests, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, spouses, students, prospective students, VIP guests, and everyone else). Parker staff will be monitoring and checking for badges and badge holders.
Requests for refunds or transfers to another Parker Seminar must be received in writing. You may fax your request to 214.902.2435 or send via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation requests received at least 10 days prior to the seminar will incur a 25% administrative charge based on the total paid.
- Cancellation and/or transfer requests received less than 10 days prior to the seminar will not be honored.
- Registrants may substitute another person for the same seminar at no additional cost if the written substitution request is received at least 10 days before the start of the seminar. Please fax your substitution request to 214.902.2435.
- Parker does not complete vouchers for continuing education credit until the seminar tuition is paid in full. Continuing education credit cancellations are subject to a 25% administrative charge based on the total paid. Additional copies of credit vouchers are available for a fee of $25 each upon request.
- Seating in classes is limited. Parker cannot guarantee that registrants will be able to attend the classes they prefer. Because Parker can award continuing education credit only to doctors who attend the class, doctors should plan to arrive early while space is available.
- Parker reserves the right to adjust program dates, times, speakers, and locations. The total liability of Parker arising from or related to these courses is limited to a refund of the registration fee only. The opinions expressed by the speakers do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Parker.
- By registering for this seminar, I grant Parker and its agents permission to photograph or record me while I am attending the seminar and in public areas. Those photographs and recordings shall become the property of Parker and may be used for any purpose.
Continuing Education - CE Department
- How many hours are available?
A doctor of chiropractic can earn up to 16 hours of CE credits at Parker Seminars Las Vegas pending each state board's approval. Please check the States Approved list for your state's status.
- Was my state approved?
Please check the website under "Continuing Education Approvals" or contact the continuing education department of Parker University at 800.266.4723.
- When will you know if my state is approved?
The state boards respond based on their board meeting schedules. Unfortunately, we cannot predict when we will be notified of their decisions. We will post the information to the website as soon as it is available.
- Why is there an additional fee for CE credits?
Arrangements are made through Parker University Continuing Education Department to have some of the classes approved by state boards so that doctors may gain continuing education credits. The additional fee is to offset the costs involved in making the applications, processing the scan details, mailing the completed attendance vouchers, reporting the accrued hours to the appropriate licensing board(s), and maintaining these records for 5-7 years.
- When are the CE classes held?
Please check the online schedule. The CE classes will be shaded a separate color or marked "CE" in the class block.
- Is there anything special I need to do when I arrive at the seminar? Please read the CE Program Information page for instructions.
- How do you track the time I'm in class?
We are using radio frequency (RF) technology to track your attendance in the CE classes. Your name badge will be embedded with an RF tag. Sensors placed around marked doors of the CE classes will use wireless technology to read this tag as you enter and exit the room. You must enter and exit from these marked doors for your attendance to be recorded. Not using these entry-ways will negate hours. The gates will not be removed during non-CE classes. Do not assume a class is CE based on gates being present. Double check your program to verify the class period is CE applicable.
- Why do I have to be tracked in and out of classes? This seems very rigid.
Your state licensing boards requires you to have a certain number of continuing education hours to renew your license. Only specific classes/topics are approved for different states. Your state board requires that Parker University report your attendance in an approved CE class to them. The most efficient way to do this is to record what class you attended.
- How do I know which are CE classes?
Please check the online schedule which is color-coded. CE classes are indicated with the letters CE in the class block.
- I'm a massage therapist/rad tech/MD, etc.; can I get CE hours?
The Parker Seminars Las Vegas will offer CE hours for doctors of chiropractic only.
- How soon can I expect to receive notice of the hours I took?
We work diligently to process the information from the scanners, prepare the CE attendance vouchers and mail them to the appropriate locations. You should receive notification within six weeks of the seminar conclusion.
- Do you send my hours to my state or do I?
Procedures vary from state to state. Please check with your state board for exact determination.